Not only is this recipe great because it cuts down on the fat by griddling – not frying – the meat, you also get to regulate how you like your steak done by cooking it first. It’s really important to use a good-quality oyster sauce because this is the base flavour. Also, remember the secret to stir-frying is to have all your ingredients prepared before you start.
Ready in 20 minutes
The noodle dish
* 100g wide rice noodles
* 200g lean sirloin steak, trimmed of all fat
* Olive oil spray
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 1 teaspoon olive oil
* 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced
* 2cm knob of ginger, peeled and finely shredded
* 3 spring onions, cut in half widthways then lengthways through the middle
* 10 small shiitake mushrooms, 5 large ones cut in half
* 100g tenderstem broccoli, sliced lengthways through the middle
* 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
* 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
* 1 red chilli, sliced
* 3 tablespoons premium oyster sauce
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Method: How to cook healthy ho fan beef noodles
1. Boil the kettle. Place the rice noodles in a large bowl, pour over the boiled water and cover with clingfilm. Leave for five minutes or until tender.
2. Drain and rinse under cold water to prevent them sticking together (they will heat up again when you add them to the stir-fry).
3. Heat a griddle pan until smoking. Spritz the steak with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place the steak onto the griddle pan and grill for one to two minutes on each side. This will give you a nice medium-rare steak.
5. If you like it more or less cooked, change the cooking time accordingly, but remember that when you add the steak to the stir-fry it will cook a little more.
6. Remove from heat and leave to rest for five minutes. Slice thinly widthways.
7. To make the sauce, mix the ingredients together with a splash of water.
8. Heat a wok. Add the olive oil and throw in the garlic, ginger, spring onion, shiitake mushrooms, broccoli and peppers and stir-fry for two minutes.
9. Pour over the sauce, and add the noodles and steak. Give it a big stir until combined and serve topped with the chilli.
Duration : 0:1:36
Categories: Cooking Quality Meats Tags: beef, cooking, diet, Easy, fan, fat, Flavour, halal, Healthy, ho, low, mushroom, noodles, oyster, quality, recipe, rice, sauce, shiitake, Sirloin, soy, steak, stir-fry, wide, wok, حلال