Prime Rib with Au Jus Recipe from SimpleFoodie.com. Prime Rib is meant for a feast and it never dissapoints. What is amazing is how easy it is to make and how delicious it comes out. It takes just a little work the night before roasting to enhance the mouth watering melt in your mouth flavor, but it is so worth it.
Duration : 0:2:41
How to make Beef Bourguignonne. Beef Bourguignon. Beef Bourguignonne is the perfect dish for dinner.
1 lb of quality beef, cubed
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 lb of pearl onions
2 medium carrots,sliced
3/4 tsp of marjoram
3/4 tsp of thyme
4 tbsp of parsley
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
4-5 slices of bacon
3/4 cup of red wine
1 cup of beef broth
2 tbsp of tomato paste
1/4 cup of flour
12 oz of mushrooms, quartered
1. Season the cubed beef with salt and pepper.
2. Add the seasoned beef to a medium glass bowl and combine with the pearl onions, carrots, marjoram, thyme, parsley, garlic, bay leaf, red wine. Stir and cover. Let this marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
3. In a skillet, cook 4-5 slices of bacon and then cut the bacon into pieces.
4. To a slow cooker, add the meat mixture, bacon pieces, red wine and beef broth.
5. Next add tomato paste.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Stir everything together and then cover.
8. This stew can cook for between 4 and 8 hours depending on your schedule.
9. Towards the end of the cooking process, blend the flour with beef stock from the pot to make a sluree. Then add it to the stew
Visit www.holidaykitchen.tv for printable recipes and to buy the dvd.
Duration : 0:2:6
Categories: Cooking Quality Meats Tags: beef, Beef Bourguignonne Dinner Recipe, Bourguignonn, Christmas, Crawford Farm Meat, dinner, Holidays, meat, Prime Beef, recipe, recipes, Simmer, Slow, stew, Stock, vegetables
NO, the beef isn’t salty, just for the record and for all the comments today. This really keeps the roast juicy and not salty. Trust me, I’ve done this a lot.
Also I didn’t make it very clear, cook it initially at 450 for 10 minutes, and then lower the temp to 250 and cook 20 minutes for each pound or until internal temp is 120.
Also cook it at 450 for 10 minutes and then at 350 for 2o for each pound or until the internal temp reaches 120 for medium rare.
Sign up for my email list, free stuff often:
Here are some alternative ideas for cooking your prime rib. Making the kosher salt crust is really amazing, you’ll have to try it, and trust me, it isn’t too salty.
If you’ve never cooked a Prime Rib before watch this video first.
For more ideas and recipes go to:
Duration : 0:12:58
Dr. BBQ shows you how to grill a juicy and tender prime rib roast in your backyard! Fire up the grill with FireCooker.com!
Duration : 0:4:27
Learn to make prime rib with Professional Chefs Chris “Stu” Randell, Mike Yakura and Cooking.com.
Duration : 0:1:41