Home » Cooking Quality Meats » Why did my chicken come out rubbery?

Why did my chicken come out rubbery?

My first time making baked chicken…. I seasoned it, put 4 legs in a Pyrex pan thing and cooked them for 1 hour at 390 degrees…. 30 mins on each side… they are tough and rubbery….. not easily falling off the bone like normal… what did i do wrong? Could it be the meat quality?

slow and low is the key. Season them, put them on a baking sheet, or a pyrex pan, whichever, but add a little water in the bottom. this will keep them moist while cooking. Bake them at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, and check them. If you have a probe thermometer, check the temperature, it should be at 160 degrees when you take them out. There is no need to turn them, they will cook evenly enough. Once you take them out, let them sit a minute or two, then serve! They should turn out alot better. Don’t ever cook chicken at 390, that is way too high and it cooks the chicken too fast, drying the meat out. And keeping it in for an hour definitely took all the moisture out, no wonder it turned out rubbery! I hope this helps, and I hope your chicken turns out delicious!

54 thoughts on “Why did my chicken come out rubbery?

1. cowgirl_power82 says:

Don;t cook them at 390. You cooked them to hot to fast. Cook them at 350-375 at the most more around 45-60 min. You don’t need to turn them though.
    References :

2. Matt says:

You cooked it too long, next time try to cook it a little less.

Believe me, I made the same mistake lol. Hope this helps.
    References :

3. oceanangel says:

u need to cook it at about 180-200c for 2 to 3 hours
    good luck
    References :

4. cutelittleme06 says:

References :

5. kristisn says:

I don’t like boring chicken either! Your chicken looks fabulous and easy!

6. Spinooza says:

teaspoon عزیز، ببخشید. اون کامنت‌ها برای دوستانی مثل شما نبود. من اون کامنت‌ها رو گذاشتم که عده‌‌ای که منو نمیشناسن بدونن که چقدر تهمت‌های یک عده‌ بی‌ پایه و اساس هست.

7. ‫☀‫وکیل الرعایا☀ says:

در این میان، کاربرانی نیز بودند که انتقاد معمول آنها را به اشتباه تلاش برای ایجاد بی‌نظمی تلقی کرده بودیم و حساب آنها به اشتباه مسدود یا تعلیق شد. از این مساله متاسفیم و از آنها جدا پوزش می‌خواهیم. تمام تلاشمان را کردیم که اکثر این حسابها را بسرعت بازکنیم و اگر کسی از قلم افتاده لطفا به بالاترین سریعتر ایمیل بزند

8. auto13bot says:

lol thats what i do….i get a laugh out of it!! lmao

9. Dargonhuman says:

I like how he makes eye contact with the viewer the whole time he's getting hit in the nuts.

10. Google Reader says:

ooo, amici liveshow today! damn, and I should go to bed on time

11. Michael W. May says:

Figuring Life Out – One Thousand Gifts –

12. Susanna says:

First I have to say your headline is very good. And you have an idiom! 🙂 You’ve told nicely about your trip and what did you do there. I noticed that you didn’t use many adjectives and you don’t have a lot of description. You could have for example told more about the beautiful beach. I’ve been there too so I think you would had made up more description :)It’s so sad that you don’t have any pictures. Maybe you didn’t have any pictures but they would had made the blog more interesting. Well, your blog is great and I got your gist to the story 🙂

13. Twitter says:

The Reason Why The Log Cabin Holidays Are A Stunning Holiday Accommodation Solution | Current Articles DETAILS >

14. Kevin Johnson says:

InterDesign River Rockz EVA Shower Curtain, Blue Rust proof metal grommets Soft, rubbery material drapes softly Waterproof Generous 72-inch by 72-inch size Manufactured with no damaging chlorine Beautiful blues bring texture to life in our environmentally friendly eva river rockz shower curtain. Rating: (out of reviews) List Price: $ 14.99 Price: $ 14.90

15. mandak says:

Ockoala..u did a really, really good spoiler on us..i can’t stop smilling after looking on those pic..owh my gosh..i wish i’m LS..hahaha PHY is so so so romantic..both of them will kill me with those kiss..lol i’ll always follow ur blog to know about latest spoiler of MP..lol

16. http://thewoollentypist.blogspot.com/ says:

You have a very scenic route to work. Lucky. :)I’m also impressed that for a new commuter to work, you tackle some very busy roads!Remember, happiness is not about speed…although I do have to confess to ‘racing’ other cyclists at times (*cough…cough* today *cough* and I won I think)!But yes…safety does come first and going at a pace which you feel comfortable at is key.Hope you really get the bug and keep at it. So much better than cars or public transport. 🙂

17. Bobius says:

>Take a seat kid, Yellow and Stork welcome you on board! I gotta admit, I actually laughed out loud at that one.

18. claressadubs says:

John I am so excited to see you tomorrow in Pittsburgh! Forgive me if I get a bit star stuck. <3

19. Twitter says:

Days like today make me hate not having my partner in crime around. :-/

20. smrth93 says:

Haha I didn't realise I even made that face in that part until I watched it back :L

21. Lopo says:

Mettiamo come avatar una donna intelligente del passato….forniamo alle giovani donne di domani degli esempi giusti.alle mie followers

22. DubV says:

Jessica is so frustrated that people won’t just take her word for it, or believe the pro-pit bull websites and organizati­ons. Why should anyone take the word of individual­s who are lucky enough to own a tractable pit bull when pit bulls kill and injure more people than any other breed? All you can counter with is some media conspiracy­, blaming the owners/vic­tims, or anecdotal evidence.

23. Srndz says:

Why do it in a microwave when there’s a toaster available? (Note: Microwaves are evil and make food taste horrible.)

24. Twitter says:

RT rel=”nofollow” rel=”nofollow” i use a big rubbery dildo and a padlock as a replacement safety for my chinese assault rifle, what are your opinions on this TFR?

25. YaBoyMaTT_ says:

this is by far the most awkward stage the hair has been in. but im gonna go out without a hat on tn ha im feeling bold

26. porody says:

the housemates just got pizza. I have never seen grown-ass people rejoice for pizza that much in my entire life.

27. nasking says:

“Was that with kalamata olives? I couldn’t live without them for salads and pizzas these days.”

Same here Elise.

My Dad is big on Haloumi…I find it a bit rubbery. Might be getting the wrong stuff eh?

BTW, thnx for kind comment on other thread. Sometimes I invest to much emotion into comments methinks. That oil spill hit me real hard this morning. Lost it a bit. S' tells me that she can't watch the news anymore…too many negatives, too much scare-mongering…too few answers.

Had a good walk these evening, helps work the cobwebs out.

Meant to say I'm impressed w/ your use of solar.
    N'

28. MetallicaFan900 says:

Im up for the challenge and you aint causin damage// you speakin on a mic you cant even manage// one vote up i see none// and thats reality// your droppin bombs im posting fatalities// factually// of anyone who tries to battle me//

29. The Alzheimer's Doc says:

I hear constantly from sales representatives in the medical industry that their company is oh-so-very-close to developing an Alzheimer’s test that is 100% accurate.While this is all fine and dandy, I always ask these sales representatives why, when we can diagnose Alzheimer’s disease with over 90 percent accuracy today, this is going to be a great help to us as medical professionals.Bottom line: There aren’t any new treatments for AD! It seems to me that family planning can be done efficiently and effectively today without adding extra costs to the family and the medical system.Dr. Ken Romeo, The Alzheimer’s

30. THE_REAL_EMAD says:

Scheduling adjustment will spread out starts, finishes of NCAA Tournament games

31. phoebecasin says:

RT

32. United_People says:

8am practice with the kids then battle of brooklyn got a nice day planned out

33. LuckyFreaknPunk says:

guyz need ur suggession to fine Best banner for web!! help me out

34. My favorite posts of 2010: Will I ever burn off all these calories? « Ashlee Eats says:

[…] Chicken Fest and KFC, y’all: A couple of friends and I visited Laurel County, Kentucky, birthplace of Kentucky Fried Chicken and home of the annual World Chicken Festival. The highlight of the trip was meeting a handful of Colonel Sanders lookalikes. I’ve never seen so many white suits and moustaches in one place. The chicken wasn’t what I expected, but you can’t beat eating a KFC two-piece meal in the place where it all started. […]

35. Twitter says:

Why pay retail price on 2010 Olympic Silver Coins Auctioned for less money in eBay. Get it.

36. Alice says:

Hi Reena,Will check for u, come back to u by this week. Many thanks,ALice

37. NiCoLeY7567 says:

Youh are soooo funny and silly!!! and Your hair is beautiful!!! Im qunna grow my hair out that lonq and try that hair style some time(:

38. orlandoromania says:

ahh KNOW IT AL haa?? noboddy wants an suv so why the hell ar you still on here and comenting!! you can keep all my spelling mistakes and die with it! idiot

39. meshzy13 says:

They must have piped something into her dressing room or something she seems high as hell in this interview.

40. IAmJacksBot says:

I just took "(All Parts) You fall deeply in love with Justin and you thin…" and got: PART 32, RUBBERY FRIEND! Try it:

41. charmie2008 says:

Wow! You’re really good, Maria! And so cute! GAH! Such a sweet smile 😀 Keep smiling! Great voice, great piano, great song!

42. chrispaul1996 says:

i recommend making your house into a mansion now that you need more room

43. WarToad says:

You first need to rest that knee and keep stress off it for the meniscus to heal. And I’m not sure streangth exercises would do anything since it’s just a fiberous rubbery tissue, not muscle, tendon, or ligament.

44. WMDKitty says:

Around here? That would be justifiable homicide. You do NOT get between me and my food. Ever.

45. Jack says:

Oh I do believe

In all the things you say

What comes is better than what came before

And you'd better come come, come come to me

Better come come, come come to me

Better run, run run, run run to me

Better come

Oh I do believe

In all the things you say

What comes is better that what came before

And you'd better run run, run run to me

Better run, run run, run run to me

Better come, come come, come come to me

You'd better run

46. iJoeBlack25 says:

I’m sure I can hear the video say “Hello” when that guy walks in the background at 2:07

47. noliarzz says:

Westboro Baptist church :L You make me laugh with your hate :L

48. cakeisfingerfood says:

Yeah, Wendy’s also has this rule that if you hide a bottle of strawberry vodka in the freezer behind the chicken nuggets, you get fired. Weird.

49. jason says:

Ai Wei,
    For a non-snail fan like me, I think it's a bit gross. Yeah, some sort of non-pleasant smell on first bite…

Jun,
    Better not to take roadside food… might be contaminated. Em, lala is smaller and not as rubbery as snail… imagine you have to munch the rubbery snail with the pungent smell lingering… >.